Bridal shows are a great opportunity to meet vendors and get ideas for your wedding. There are 100’s of booths with merchants displaying their best work. Each supplies the bride-to-be with brochures and literature of information on their services. Contests and fashions shows run periodically throughout the day. Bridal shows are an informative and exciting way to kick off your wedding plans.
Register as soon as you arrive or, better yet, register before the show. Many shows allow you to pre-register and purchase tickets online. Names are then drawn for contest prizes from the pot of registered brides. Ticket prices range from free to $10 per person. Save yourself a few dollars by registering early because the tickets generally cost more at the door.
You can go with your mom, best friend, bridesmaids, or even your fiancé. Grooms account for 20-30 percent of the exhibits’ attendance. There is something to do for everyone including the groom. You may want to split everyone up to cover more territory in a shorter time period.
Bridal shows are a great source of information and ideas for your wedding. Check out the bridal show schedule for your area. Meanwhile, here are 6 useful tips for attending a bridal exhibit.
- Plan on being there for at least 4 hours.
- Dress nice but wear comfortable walking shoes.
- Register early or online if possible to save time & money.
- Bring pre printed address labels to stick on 100’s of entry forms.
- Bring your checkbook to lock in show-only deals and required deposits.
- Take your pocket calendar and pen so that you can schedule appointments.